1. Breathe Deeply.
This may seem obvious, however breathing is an activity that many take for granted. Becoming more conscious of your breath, and taking the time to breath deeply throughout the day will have a profound impact on your health and vitality! Here are a few of the reasons to stop, smell the roses, and take a nice deep breath...
1. Detoxification - The lungs are designed to release toxins (including carbon dioxide) from your body. Breathing deeply increases toxin removal, and takes the pressure off of the other organs of elimination.
2. Stress relief - Slow, deep breathing immediately relaxes your body.
3. Mental clarity - Proper breath oxygenates your brain, slows your brain waves, brings you into the creative state of mind, and improves your mood.
4. Strengthen body systems - All systems in the body rely on an abundant supply of oxygen. By developing the habit of breathing deeply of fresh, oxygen-rich air, you are providing your body with the optimum conditions for health, and every cell, tissue, and organ will function more efficiently.
5. Ease physical and emotional pain - When you feel pain in your body or you start to experience a heightened emotional state, take a breath! Breathe into the pain and you will experience some relief, and a subtle shift in perspective.
Everyone has experienced the amazing feeling that accompanies taking a deep breath of fresh air. Your mind becomes sharper, your body feels relaxed, and you are simply energized! Make a practice of stopping frequently to take a deep breath – your body will thank you.